Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Hiring an Interior Designer Can Pay for Itself

[As published Jan. 19, 2012, with my column in the Denver Post]

Recently I dropped in on a client who had purchased a home last year.   She was eager to show me the changes she had made, and they were stunning.

She told me that she had hired a great interior designer, and I said, “That must have been expensive,” but she replied, “No, actually it saved me money.”

Why? Because the interior designer she hired gave her access to her vendor discounts without any mark-up.  My client literally saved more in discounts on the purchases which the designer recommended than she paid the designer for her professional advice.

I was convinced.  I’m going to hire that interior designer the next time I make a move!

No comments:

Post a Comment