Search This Blog

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Do You Prefer a North-Facing Driveway in the Winter?

[Published Oct. 17, 2013, in the Jeffco editions of the Denver Post's YourHub section]

One of the recurring comments I get from buyers is that they don’t want a home which faces north. A big reason is that the snow does not melt as quickly in the winter-time shadow of your house.

If you’re like me, however, you don’t hang out in your front yard. If your house faces south, then the backyard and your patio are facing north. I’d much rather have snow linger on my front yard in the winter than in my back yard.  And once I clear snow from any paved surface, it’s gone until the next snowfall. I much prefer having snow disappear quickly from the back of my house than from the front.

Something to think about!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment