Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

The Gas-Powered Automobile Is Obsolete, But the Public Doesn’t Realize It Quite Yet

[Published May 29, 2014, in the Jeffco editions of the Denver Post's YourHub section]

Now that I’ve put 36,000 miles on my Chevy Volt and 7,000 miles on my Tesla Model S, it is clear to me that within a few years the public will prefer electric cars over gas cars because of their power and efficiency. 

My Tesla weighs 2½ tons, yet its battery pack and 350-HP electric motor propel the car from zero to 60 mph in 4 seconds with a range of 265 miles on a single charge.  I can drive it coast-to-coast, recharging it for free during meal stops at Tesla’s supercharging stations located every 50 to 100 miles along the interstates.  (These already exist in Lone Tree, Silverthorne, Glenwood Springs, Grand Junction and Cheyenne next to restaurants and shopping malls.)

Come to Golden Real Estate’s parking lot during the June 7th Super Cruise where we will have over 20 different electric and plug-in cars, bikes and motorcycles on display. Their owners, including me, will be there to answer your questions. And look for my blog posts on this topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment