Search This Blog

Thursday, May 7, 2015

Here’s Your Guide to Appealing the Assessor’s Valuation of Your Home



[Published May 7, 2015, in the Jeffco editions of the Denver Post's YourHub section and in four Jefferson County weekly newspapers]



Below is a rendering of a document I created which provides step-by-step instructions for appealing the Jeffco Assessor’s valuation of your home. This document has been reviewed by the Assessor’s office, so you can count on its accuracy.

I realize the image of this document is not very readable, and it is not intended to be read here. You’ll find that it is much clearer and easier to follow on the following website that I created for it: www.HowToAppealValuations.info. You can also print it out from that site.  Or ask me to email it to you.

When it comes to this year’s valuations by the County Assessor, I feel your pain, because my own home’s valuation was increased by over $110,000, which is not at all justified by the readily viewable comps on the assessor’s website. I’ve received reports of some truly outrageous increases in valuation.

If, after reading that document, you still need assistance, ask your real estate professional to help you. You’re welcome to share this document with him or her. Your agent has likely received other requests by the time you call!  I myself have already received quite a few requests but in each case I have asked them to call me again after reading the document below.

1 comment:

  1. This document has been reviewed by the Assessor’s office, so you can count on its accuracy.utah mobile homes

    ReplyDelete