In this week's column I wrote about the basics. But there’s more to earning our commissions than simply not being cheap. At Golden Real Estate, we like to go beyond that, finding new ways to earn clients’ business, often at additional expense.
1) We provide a free moving truck and free moving boxes. We get used boxes from clients after they unpack and make them available free to future clients. We also provide our truck free to the clients of other agents if they purchase one of our listings. (Our truck likes to go the extra mile, too!)
2) We don’t just take good photographs, we take HDR photographs so that every element of every photo (including windows) is properly exposed. (See an earlier blog post with examples of HDR vs. non-HDR photos.) We also shoot narrated video tours of every listing and post that video on YouTube.
3) We buy URLs for each listing so that buyers can get additional information by going to an easy-to-remember website.
4) Our “for sale” signs hang from attractive wooden sign posts with solar-powered lighting.
5) We provide free staging consultations so that every listing shows well to prospective buyers.