Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 22, 2016

At Thanksgiving, I Find Much to Be Thankful For. Here’s a Short List….


By JIM SMITH

For starters, I’m grateful to be an American. I’ve had the opportunity to travel to many countries, and I’m always happy to return home. I’ve traveled to every state except Alaska and lived in eight states plus D.C., and I’m certainly thankful to call Colorado home!

Having traveled to the Soviet Union, then Russia, and also to communist China, my appreciation for our free enterprise system is deeply ingrained in me. Without the freedom to choose one’s profession and to choose self-employment, you really don’t have any freedom at all.  We should never take that for granted.

It’s that free enterprise system which is the source of something else I’m so grateful for, and that is the constant innovation and inventiveness that characterizes America. Elon Musk, born in Africa, chose our country to invent Paypal, Solar City, SpaceX, and Tesla Motors.  The smartphone app described above is yet another example of American inventiveness and entrepreneurism. For an “early adopter” like myself, these are exciting times to be alive!
 
Closer to home, I am grateful to be surrounded by a fabulous group of agents who you see pictured above. This has been a year of great growth for them and for Golden Real Estate, and we all are thankful for our many friends, colleagues and clients.
 
I’m ever grateful to be married to Rita, and she and I are both eternally thankful to Body in Balance Wellness Center, whose “8 Weeks to Wellness” program changed our lives for the better.  Call them at 303-215-0390 to change your life, too!


Published Nov. 24, 2016, in the YourHub section of the Denver Post and in four Jefferson County weekly newspapers.

No comments:

Post a Comment