Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 26, 2017

If Living ‘Off the Grid’ Is Your Dream, This Is Your Dream Home!




1795 York Gulch Road, Idaho Springs
$595,000
Narrated Video Tour at www.MountainTopHome.info

Regular readers of my YourHub column know that Golden Real Estate and I are totally committed to sustainable living. So you can believe me when I say that this 7-acre, 3-bedroom, 2,072-sq.-ft. home is my favorite listing ever. If I were ready to retire or could telecommute, I’d move here myself.  It is a well engineered home, completely self-sufficient regarding electricity and water, with a passive solar design. Eighteen solar panels with battery storage provide uninterrupted electricity, with two backup generators that are hardly ever needed. County maintained roads lead right to this property, and a firehouse is less than a mile away. With its surprisingly good cell service and internet access, this would be a great home for a telecommuter. At 9,000 foot elevation — with a great view of the Continental Divide — it needs no A/C and is so well insulated that you could heat it using its two wood stoves, although it does, of course, have a forced air furnace and two wall heaters.  (It has been years since the buried 1,000-gallon propane tank was refilled, and it currently has 300 gallons in it.) The acreage is mostly south facing, so snow melts quickly, making this a fine year-round home, considering its elevation and long driveway with six switchbacks. If you like the idea of being in the mountains yet only 30 minutes from Denver and great skiing, you should watch the narrated video tour which I created at the website above, then call your own agent (or me at 303-525-1851) for a private showing!  This home is 3 miles from the Fall River Road exit of I-70 (Exit 238). Enjoy the proximity to hiking, skiing, biking & more.  An adjoining buildable 5-acre lot (listed for $95,000) is also available for $85,000 to the buyer of this property.

No comments:

Post a Comment